Thursday 30 October 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1930 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Marilyn Alex: Hollywood, California -- Actress (Molly - Young and the Restless).
- Nestor Almendros: Spanish cinematographer (d. 1992).
- Gian Baldi: Italian documentary filmmaker, screenwriter and critic.
- Michel Crépeau: French centre-left politician.
- Clifford Brown: American musician, one of the great jazz trumpet players who was also gifted on piano, vibes, bass and the regular trumpet.
- Vincenzo Parisi: Italian attorney and administrator in the Foreign Office, the prefect and head of several major organizations. He was nominated as Chief of Police 1/23/1987, holding that office as well as the Dept. of Public Security and Ministry of Home Affairs. Parisi has degrees in political science and law.
- Néstor Almendros: Spanish-American director and cinematographer (d. 1992)
- Christopher Foster: English economist and academic
- Don Meineke: American basketball player (d. 2013)
- Turkey and Greece sign a treaty of friendship.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?