Monday 30 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Flying Deuces, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1939 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Grace Slick in Chicago: Illinois, USA; rock vocalist (Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit").
- Edward Holland: Jr.
- Jean Chapman: English author.
- Harvey Goldstein: English statistician and academic.
- Leland Hartwell: American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Eddie Holland: US singer / songwriter (Jamie, Leaving Here)
- Grace Slick: American singer, the queen of acid-rock with "Jefferson Airplane," which evolved into "Jefferson Starship." In 1979 she put the group on the back burner and focused on a solo album instead. Six years later the band had a bitter split.
- German U-boat fails on attack of English battleship Nelson with Winston Churchill, Dudley Pound and Charles Forbes aboard
- USSR and Germany agree on partitioning Poland, Hitler deports Jews
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?