Thursday 30 October 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Shadow of the Thin Man, directed by Maj. W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1941 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Otis Williams: Rocker (Temptations).
- Marcel Berlins: French-English lawyer journalist and academic.
- Aleksandr Dulichenko: Russian-Estonian linguist and academic.
- Theodor Hänsch: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Bob Wilson: English footballer and sportscaster.
- USS Reuben James torpedoed by Germans, even though US is not in war
- World War II: Franklin Delano Roosevelt approves U.S. $1 billion in Lend-Lease aid to the Allied nations.
- 1,500 Jews from Pidhaytsi (in western Ukraine) are sent by Nazis to Belzec extermination camp.
- Last day of carving on Mount Rushmore.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 October 1941 and get them!