Tuesday 30 October 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Vacation from Marriage, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1945 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Glenn Poshard: (Rep-D-Illinois).
- André Caudron: Belgian, enthusiastic carom billiards player of a good level, father of billiard champion Frédéric Caudron.
- Luc Béraud: French director of film and television, film producer, and screenwriter.
- Henry Winkler in New York City: USA; actor (Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzerelli - Happy Days, Night Shift).
- Laura Desjardins: American astrologer, author and lecturer, delving into the science of the cosmos and effects on life patterns since 1972.
- Alida Del Grande: Italian homemaker, married to Enea Del Grande on 6/02/1969 in Baveno. Their son Elia was born on 10/09/1975. Elia was a problem to his parents. By the time he was in his teens he was noted by social services to be difficult and disturbed but judged to not be dangerous. Among his disruptions, he had made an attack on a taxi driver and his dad, Enea, had silenced the case by paying off the cabbie. He was not able to hold a job and his parents were supporting him. They gave him the money to open a
- Henry Winkler: American actor who became popular as the brash ultra-cool biker Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli on the TV series "Happy Days," which made a debut on 1/15/1974, running for over ten years. He is the godfather of all four of Ron Howard's children and the crew left from "Happy Days" still remain in contact with each other.
- Branch Rickey signs Jackie Robinson to a Montreal Royals
- US government announces end of shoe rationing.
- Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signs a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers to break the baseball color barrier.
- The undivided country of India joins the United Nations. Pakistan is formed and joins later.
- International Labour Organization (ILO) In 1945, the organisation's new constitution came into effective.
- John H. Johnson publishes the first issue of the magazine ''Ebony''.
- Telechron introduces the model 8H59 ampquotMusalarmampquot, the first clock radio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Jo Stafford - That's for Me
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?