Tuesday 30 October 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Poshard and Henry Winkler in New York City.
Vacation from Marriage, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1945 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Glenn Poshard: (Rep-D-Illinois).
- Henry Winkler in New York City: USA; actor (Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzerelli - Happy Days, Night Shift).
- Luc Béraud: French director of film and television, film producer, and screenwriter.
- André Caudron: Belgian, enthusiastic carom billiards player of a good level, father of billiard champion Frédéric Caudron.
- Alida Del Grande: Italian homemaker, married to Enea Del Grande on 6/02/1969 in Baveno.
- Laura Desjardins: American astrologer, author and lecturer, delving into the science of the cosmos and effects on life patterns since 1972. She worked as counsel to many corporate executives, high-stakes decision makers and private individuals. Her experience included radio, TV and magazine interviews including PM Magazine, Los Angeles Times, NBC Today Show, People magazine and Elle magazine. She organized of an Eclipse Tour to Thailand 10/18-30/1995 for $2,600 per person.
- Henry Winkler: American actor who became popular as the brash ultra-cool biker Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli on the TV series "Happy Days," which made a debut on 1/15/1974, running for over ten years. He is the godfather of all four of Ron Howard's children and the crew left from "Happy Days" still remain in contact with each other.
- Branch Rickey signs Jackie Robinson to a Montreal Royals
- US government announces end of shoe rationing.
- Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signs a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers to break the baseball color barrier.
- The undivided country of India joins the United Nations. Pakistan is formed and joins later.
- International Labour Organization (ILO) In 1945, the organisation's new constitution came into effective.
- John H. Johnson publishes the first issue of the magazine ''Ebony''.
- Telechron introduces the model 8H59 ampquotMusalarmampquot, the first clock radio.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 October 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Jo Stafford - That's for Me
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?