Thursday 30 October 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Komar and Timothy B Schmidt.
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Eye Witness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1947 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Chris Komar: Dancer.
- Timothy B Schmidt: Oakland, California -- Rocker (Eagles).
- Timothy B Schmit: American musician (Eagles).
- Glenn Andreotta: American soldier (d. 1968).
- Timothy Schmit: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Eagles and Poco).
- Herschel Weingrod: American screenwriter and producer
- 23 countries sign GATT agreement in Geneva
- Darius Milhauds 3rd Symphony Hymnus Ambrosianus, premieres in Paris
- The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which is the foundation of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), is founded.
- In Long Beach, California, the designer and airplane pilot Howard Hughes carries out the one and only flight of the ''Hughes H - 1 Hercules seaplane'', the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built and flown. This flight only lasted eight minutes.
- An earthquake in the Chilean Andes kills 233 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?