Friday 30 October 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Fedorovich Poleshchuk and Charles Martin Smith.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Motorola Television Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1953 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Alexander Fedorovich Poleshchuk: Moscow, Russia -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-16).
- Charles Martin Smith: Van Nuys, California -- Actor (American Graffiti).
- Kathleen Cody in Bronx: New York, USA; actress (Charley and the Angel).
- Peter Hoekstra: (Rep-R-Michigan).
- Pete Hoekstra: Dutch-American lawyer and politician.
- Charles Smith: American actor director and screenwriter
- Dr Albert Schweitzer and General George C Marshall win Nobel Peace Prize.
- Cold War: U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower formally approves the top secret document National Security Council Paper No. 162/2, which states that the United States' arsenal of nuclear weapons must be maintained and expanded to counter the communist threat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?