Sunday 30 October 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Valle and Diego A Maradona.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita) by Brenda Lee.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
BUtterfield 8, directed by Daniel Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Nature of Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1960 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- David Valle: Bayside, New York -- Catcher (Texas Rangers).
- Diego A Maradona: Argentina -- Italy soccer player (World Cup).
- Kim Thompson: Bath, England -- Actress (Stealing Heaven).
- Monica Bellucci: Citta di Castello, Italy -- Actress (Dracula).
- Sarah Dyke: American hostess of a TV talk show "Inside Hollywood Today," 1987.
- Diego Maradona: Argentine soccer champion who scored winning goal in the final 1986 World Cup Game, when Argentina beat Mexico.
- Bob Pattison: American transmission engineer for WCBS-TV working on the 110th floor of One World Trade Center when it was stuck by an airplane piloted by terrorists 9/11/2001.
- Charnele Brown: American actress and singer
- Alfred Hill: Composer, dies at 89.
- Michael Woodruff performs the first successful kidney transplant in the United Kingdom at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 October 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?