Wednesday 30 October 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuelle Claret and Jack Plotnick.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Head, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1968 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Emmanuelle Claret: French biathlete (d. 2013).
- Jack Plotnick: American actor director and producer.
- Ken Stringfellow: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Posies The Orange Humble Band and White Flag).
- Pert Kelton: Actress (Cavalcade of Stars), dies at 61.
- Rose Wilder Lane: American journalist and author (Born 1886).
- Ramon Novarro: Mexican-American actor who was the star of silent films and who won wide acclaim for dashing roles in "The Prisoner of Zenda" and "Ben-Hur.
- Conrad Richter: US writer (Light in the Forest), dies at 78.
- Jaqueline Kennedy marries Aristotle Onassis on the island of Scorpios
- Nobel prize for chemistry awarded to Lars Onsager (thermodynamics)
- Queen Juliana opens IJ tunnel in Amsterdam
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Turtles - Elenore
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Cream - White Room
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?