Monday 30 October 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching We Need Girlfriends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Auto Assault or Dark and Light.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 30 October 2006 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 October
- The Esperanza Fire burns over 61 square miles of Cabazon, California mountain territory.
- President of Bulgaria Georgi Parvanov is reelected after a run-off election with Volen Siderov in the presidential elections. (EITB)
- Chenagai airstrike: Pakistani helicopter gunships fired missiles and destroyed an al-Qaeda-linked training facility and killed 80 suspected terrorists in a northwestern tribal area near the Afghan border, in a madrassa near the town of Khar. (Reuters AlertNet)
- The Israeli cabinet has approved the addition of the Yisrael Beitenu party into the governing coalition. (BBC News)
- Sir Nicholas Stern, the former chief economist of the World Bank, submits a report to the British Government warning of the economic costs and damage to the world that could result from global warming. (The Times)
- Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer, Khalil al-Duleimi, walks out of court after 12 of his requests were rejected, but the chief judge immediately appoints other attorneys to defend the deposed President of Iraq. (USA Today)
- Specialist Ahmed Qusai al-Taayie, an Iraqi American United States Army soldier currently listed as missing in action in Iraq, is reported to have married an Iraqi citizen, against U.S. military regulations. (MSNBC)
- A bomb at a Baghdad market kills 31 people and wounds more than 50 others. (AP via ABC News America)
- Super Typhoon Cimaron, the strongest storm to hit the Philippines in eight years, kills at least three people as it makes landfall in Luzon. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?