Friday 30 October 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
The Secret in Their Eyes, directed by Juan Jos Campanella, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 30 October 2009 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 October
- Claude Levi-Strauss: French anthropologist (Born 1908).
- The American Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation seizes nine failed banks, including Los Angeles-based California National Bank, the fourth-largest U.S. bank failure this year.
- European Union leaders agree a climate aid deal to help developing countries adapt to global warming. (Xinhua)
- Typhoon Mirinae makes landfall in the Philippines. (''Philippine Inquirier'')
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approves plans to allow non-Latin web addresses for the first time. (CNET News)
- NASA reveals that a partial parachute failure resulted in damage to the Ares I-X test booster upon splashdown in the Atlantic Ocean following its test flight on Wednesday. (Spaceflight Now)
- A U.S. judge orders a trial for two doctors and a lawyer accused of providing American sex symbol Anna Nicole Smith with drugs. (AP via ''Minneapolis Star-Tribune'')
- African Union leaders agree to establish a hybrid court to end the Darfur conflict in western Sudan. (''Sudan Tribune'')
- Native tribesmen in the Amazon Rainforest discover a downed Brazilian military transport plane, finding nine survivors. (''Taiwan News'')
- Former French President Jacques Chirac is ordered to stand trial on corruption charges. (Deutsche Welle)
- Honduras' de facto leader Roberto Micheletti and ousted President Manuel Zelaya agree a deal to end the political crisis, reinstating Zelaya as President. (''Honduras This Week'')
- South Korea's spy agency, the National Intelligence Service, names North Korea's telecommunications ministry as responsible for a wave of cyber attacks in July. (''Mainichi Shimbun'')
- A large fire at an oil depot on the outskirts of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, leaves six people dead and around 135 injured. (Associated Press)
- Taiwan's President Ma Ying-jeou calls on China to remove missiles targeting the island. (''Straits Times'')
- Burmese authorities arrest 50 people ndash including journalists, students and political activists, in a security crackdown, according to a Thailand based human rights group. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?