Saturday 30 September 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ninotchka, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1939 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean Lehn: French chemist who, together with Charles J. Pedersen and Donald J. Cram, was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1987 for his contribution to the laboratory synthesis of molecules that mimic the vital chemical functions of molecules in living organisms.
- Piet M Blauw: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Len Cariou: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Actor (Four Seasons-Sherry).
- Anthony Green: English painter and academic.
- Jean-Marie Lehn: French chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- 1st televised college football game (Fordham vs. Waynesburg at NYC)
- 41 U-boats sunk this month (153,000 ton)
- White Sox reliever Clint Brown sets record of 61st relief appearance
- Germany and Russia agree to partition Poland.
- General W?adys?aw Sikorski becomes commander-in-chief of the Polish Government in exile.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 September 1939 and get them!