Monday 30 September 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Knute Rockne All American, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1940 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Samuel F Pickering: Jr.
- Harry Winston Jerome: Saskatchewan, Canada -- 100m runner (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Claudia Card: American philosopher and academic (d. 2015).
- Robert Gascoyne-Cecil: 7th Marquess of Salisbury English academic and politician Leader of the House of Lords.
- Harry Jerome: Canadian sprinter (d. 1982).
- Dewey Martin: Canadian-American drummer (Buffalo Springfield and The Standells) (d. 2009)
- Walter Kollo: German composer and conductor (d. 1940).
- 47 German aircrafts shot down above England
- 59 U-boats sunk this month (295,000 tons)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?