Saturday 30 September 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Debré and Diane Dufresne.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1944 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Bernard Debré: French urologist at Hôpital Cochin in Paris and a member (député) of the National Assembly of France.
- Diane Dufresne: Canadian singer and painter.
- Jimmy Johnstone: Scottish footballer (Born 1944).
- Red Robbins: American basketball player (Born 1944).
- Calais reoccupied by Allies
- Dutch General Mine Workers Union (ABWM) forms
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Smoke on the Water - Red Foley
- Together - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- It Could Happen To You - Jo Stafford
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?