Friday 30 September 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Heiress, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1949!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1949 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michel Tognini: French test pilot, Brigadier General in the French Air Force, and a former CNES and ESA astronaut who served from 1 January 2005 to 1 November 2011 as Head of the European Astronaut Centre of the European Space Agency.
- Pirates Ralph Kiner hits his 54th HR and NL record 16th in September
- Berlin Airlift ends after 277,000 flights.
- The Berlin Airlift ends.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Cry, Joe (Let Her Go, Let Her Go, Let Her Go) - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?