Wednesday 30 September 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Deborah Allen in Memphis and S M Stirling.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Colonel Humphrey Flack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1953 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Deborah Allen in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; country singer (Jim Stafford Show).
- S M Stirling: Canadian author.
- Matt Abts: American drummer (Gov't Mule).
- Deborah Allen: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Keith Burnett: Welsh physicist and academic.
- Auguste / Jacques Piccard dives with bathosphere to 3150 m (record)
- Earl Warren appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
- WICS TV channel 20 in Springfield, IL (NBC) begins broadcasting
- WMT (now KGAN) TV channel 2 in Cedar Rapids-Waterloo, IA (CBS) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?