Wednesday 30 September 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1953 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Deborah Allen in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; country singer (Jim Stafford Show).
- S M Stirling: Canadian author.
- Matt Abts: American drummer (Gov't Mule).
- Deborah Allen: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Keith Burnett: Welsh physicist and academic.
- Auguste / Jacques Piccard dives with bathosphere to 3150 m (record)
- Earl Warren appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
- WICS TV channel 20 in Springfield, IL (NBC) begins broadcasting
- WMT (now KGAN) TV channel 2 in Cedar Rapids-Waterloo, IA (CBS) begins
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 September 1953 and get them!