Sunday 30 September 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Lay Down Your Arms by Anne Shelton was in the top 5 hits.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. de Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1956 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Marie-Esméralda : Belgian royal family, named Maria Esmeralda Adelaide Lilian Anne Leopoldine.
- Maria Esmeralda: Belgian Princess / Daughter of Leopold III / Lilian Baels.
- Trevor Morgan: English footballer and manager.
- Phillies Robin Roberts gives up a major league record 46th HR
- White Sox Jim Derrington, 16, is youngest to start a game (he loses)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?