Friday 30 September 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Herbert and Susan Keith.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Spartacus, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Route 66.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1960 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Mike Herbert: Rogers, Arkansas -- Kayak (1996 Olympics).
- Susan Keith: Actress (Shana Vochek-Loving).
- Julia Adamson: Canadian-English keyboard player composer and producer (The Fall).
- Nicola Griffith: English-American author.
- Miki Howard: American singer-songwriter producer and actress (Side Effect).
- Blanche Lincoln: American politician
- Harry St John Philby [sheik Abdullah]: British explorer.
- Flintstones premieres (1st prime time animation show)
- West Germany signs trade agreement with East Germany
- The Flintstones premieres on US TV (first prime time animation show).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?