Wednesday 30 September 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael McKay and Stephen N Frick.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tom, Dick and Mary.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1964 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michael McKay: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Stephen N Frick: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Lieutenant Commander USN / Astronaut.
- Monica Bellucci: Italian actress and model, 5' 10", 35-24-35.
- Anthony Delon: French-American actor, and son of actors Alain Delon and Nathalie Delon (Francine Canovas).
- Cinzia Lenzi: Italian model and announcer for Channel Four TV.
- Michael Logan: American Director of information services at the state lottery headquarters; a homicide victim. Logan was killed in a shooting massacre carried out by an angry ex-employee on 3/06/1998, at the Connecticut lottery headquarters.
- Trey Anastasio: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Phish Oysterhead Dave Matthews & Friends Phil Lesh and Friends Surrender to the Air and SerialPod)
- Robby Takac: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Goo Goo Dolls and Amungus)
- Oh What a Lovely War opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 125 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?