Wednesday 30 September 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1964 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Trey Anastasio: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Phish Oysterhead Dave Matthews & Friends Phil Lesh and Friends Surrender to the Air and SerialPod).
- Robby Takac: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Goo Goo Dolls and Amungus).
- Michael Logan: American Director of information services at the state lottery headquarters; a homicide victim.
- Anthony Delon: French-American actor, and son of actors Alain Delon and Nathalie Delon (Francine Canovas).
- Cinzia Lenzi: Italian model and announcer for Channel Four TV.
- Monica Bellucci: Italian actress and model, 5' 10", 35-24-35. She moved to Milan in 1988 to pursue a modeling career but two years later made an acting debut in a television show. Since then, she has played a vampire in "Bram Stoker's Dracula" a beautiful widow in "Malena" (2001) and Mary Magdalene in the controversial movie by Mel Gibson, "The Passion of the Christ" (2004). Married to French actor Vincent Cassel in 1999; they have two daughters, Deva (born 12 September 2004) and Léonie (born 21 May 2010). Casse
- Michael McKay: Australian rower (1996 Olympics)
- Stephen N Frick: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Lieutenant Commander USN / Astronaut
- Oh What a Lovely War opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 125 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 September 1964 and get them!