Monday 30 September 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include T-Pain American and T-Pain .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Commando, directed by Mark L. Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Clementine's Enchanted Journey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Delta 16 or Gunfright.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1985 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- T-Pain American: rapper/singer.
- T-Pain : American musician.
- Olcan Adın: Turkish footballer.
- Adam Cooney: Australian footballer.
- Téa Obreht: Serbian-American author.
- Cristian Rodríguez: Uruguayan footballer
- Charles F Richter: US seismologist (scale of R), dies at 85.
- Heleb MacInnes: US spy writer (Affiliate in place), dies at 77.
- Charles Richter: American geologist and seismologist, a researcher on the magnitude of earthquakes along with their geography and statistics.
- Simone Signoret: German-born actress, winner of the Best Actress Oscar for "Room At the Top" and the Best Foreign Film Award for "Madame Rosa" in 1977.
- Howard Stern gets fired from WNBC AM (NY)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- Madonna - Dress You Up
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Wham! - Freedom
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Lonely Ol' Night
- Mick Jagger & David Bowie - Dancing In The Street
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?