Friday 30 September 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Ringers, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1988 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:30 September
- Andrei A Gromyko retires
- Dave Stieb, loses 2nd consecutive no hitter bid with 2 outs in 9th
- LA Dodger Orel Herschiser breaks former Dodger Don Drysdale mark by pitching 59 consecutive scoreless innings
- IBM announces shipment of three millionth PS/2 personal computer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?