Sunday 30 September 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
No Country for Old Men, directed by Ethan Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 30 September 2007 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 September
- General Sonthi Boonyaratglin, who helped depose Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in the 2006 Thai coup d'état, resigned as head of the Council for National Security. (BBC)
- Former World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov is selected Presidential Candidate for Other Russia in the 2008 presidentials. (AP)
- Ukrainians went to the polls for the third time in three years to vote in parliamentary election. (AFP)
- According to data of National Exit Poll: Party of Regions 35.2% Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc 31.5% Our Ukraine–People's Self-Defense Bloc 13.4% Communist Party of Ukraine 5.1% Lytvyn's People's Bloc 3.7% Socialist Party of Ukraine 2.5%. (ForUm)
- The Topps Meat Company recalls of frozen beef patties because of potential contamination with ''E. coli''. Twenty-five cases of illness due to ''E. coli'' have been reported in the Northeastern United States. (NYT)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- A central member of the military junta in Myanmar is reportedly interested in seeking political asylum in Norway. The colonel is said to have defected recently, and he is now hiding in the jungle among the Karen people. (The Norway Post)
- John R. Bolton, the former United States Ambassador to the United Nations, says the government of China is the key to political change in Myanmar, not United Nations envoy Ibrahim Gambari who has met the military junta. (Forbes)
- Lewis Hamilton wins the 2007 Japanese Grand Prix to take a 12 point lead in the 2007 Formula One season World Championship with 2 races remaining. (BBC)
- With the help of the New York Mets completing one of the most improbable collapses in baseball history, leading the National League East division by 7 games with 17 games to play at one point, the Philadelphia Phillies defeat the Washington Nationals to win the 2007 National League East title. (Yahoo! Sports)
- A dormant volcano erupts on Jabal al-Tair, a Yemeni island in the Red Sea. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?