Monday 31 August 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Lovell and Claude Clarac.
Der Specht, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1903 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Bernard Lovell: England, United Kingdom -- Radio astronomer, founded Jodrell Bank.
- Claude Clarac: French diplomat, married Annemarie Schwarzenback in 1935.
- Arthur Godfrey: American entertainer, a radio announcer, singer, aviator, farmer, business executive, guitarist and ukulele player, a true renaissance man who cloaked his versatility under the guise of a home-spun good 'ole boy.
- Cesar Moro: Peruvian poet and painter.
- Vladimir Jankelevitch: French philosopher (d. 1985).
- Vladimir Jankélévitch: French musicologist and philosopher (d. 1985)
- Joe McGinnity wins his third doubleheader of the month.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 August 1903
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?