Tuesday 31 August 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1920 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- GD Spradlin: Movie Actor.
- Gustavo Adolfo Palma: Guatemalan singer (d. 2010).
- G D Spradlin: American actor.
- James Lanphier: New York, United States -- Actor (Flight of Lost Balloon).
- Gustavo Palma: Guatemalan tenor and actor (d. 2010).
- G Spradlin: American actor director and producer (d. 2011)
- Belgium starts paying old age pensions
- Detroit radio station is 1st to broadcast a news program on the air
- The first radio news program is broadcast by 8MK in Detroit, Michigan.
- Polish-Bolshevik War: a decisive Polish victory in the Battle of Komarow.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris
- Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?