Saturday 31 August 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Beard and Eldridge Cleaver.
Top Hat, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1935 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Dean Beard: American rockabilly pioneer known as the "West Texas Wild Man" because of his energetic stage presence and piano-playing style.
- Eldridge Cleaver: Afro-American militant black activist of the '60s, leader of the Black Panther movement and a cult figure who joined the Moral Majority in the '80s.
- Barry Mackay: American tennis player, tournament director and tennis broadcaster.
- Berry Mackay: Cincinnati sports Champions.
- Bryan Organ: English painter.
- Frank Robinson: American baseball player and manager
- Abraham Isaac Kook: Rabbi / Author (Hokhmat Ha-kodesh).
- 1st national skeet championship (Indianapolis)
- FDR signs an act prohibiting export of US arms to belligerents
- Russian Aleksei Stachanov digs 6 hours, 105 tons of cabbages
- White Sox Vern Kennedy no-hits Indians 5-0
- Chicago White Sox player Vern Kennedy no-hits Cleveland Indians, 5-0.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt signs an act prohibiting export of US arms to belligerents.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?