Sunday 31 August 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Soboroff and Rudolf Schenker.
Monkey Business, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1952 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Bruce Soboroff: Chicago, Illinois -- Rocker (Buckinghams).
- Rudolf Schenker: heavy metal rocker (Scorpions - "No One Like You").
- Enzo Iacchetti: Italian actor, comedian, television host and singer.
- Edwy Plenel: French journalist, the editorial director at Le Monde newspaper.
- Giuseppe Stefanel: Italian noted family, the son of Carlo Stafenel, who works in the family's clothing business.
- Henri Bourassa: Canadian publisher and politician (d. 1952).
- The Grenzlandring racetrack closes in Wegberg, Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?