Sunday 31 August 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David H Mattheisen and Serge Blanco.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Little Star by The Elegants.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wanted: Dead or Alive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1958 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- David H Mattheisen: Blue Island, Illinois -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 73 alt).
- Serge Blanco: Former French international rugby union player, born to a Venezuelan and a Basque mother.
- Gilles Ozzello: French sommelier who has been the Head Sommelier at Oustau de Baumanière for more than 30 years.
- Éric Zemmour: French writer and political journalist.
- Stephen Cottrell: English bishop.
- Julie Brown: American actress singer producer and screenwriter
- A parcel bomb sent by Ngo Dinh Nhu, younger brother and chief adviser of South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem, fails to kill King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 August 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- Peggy Lee - Fever
- Kalin Twins - When
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?