Sunday 31 August 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
The Trouble with Girls, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1969 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Nathalie Bouvier: French alpine skier.
- Jonathan LaPaglia: Australian actor and physician.
- Javagal Srinath: Indian cricketer and referee.
- Andrei Trefilov: Kirovo, Russia -- NHL goalie (Buffalo Sabres, Olympics - Silver - 1998).
- Nathan Minchey: Pitcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Victor Alexander: NBA forward / center (NY Knicks)
- Andrew Cunanan: American homicide; the murderer of fashion designer Gianni Versace on 7/15/1997, 8:44 AM, near the doorway of Versace's posh South Beach palazzo, Florida. He approached Versace, they struggled briefly over a bag and then Cunanan shot Versace twice in the head and walked away. A massive manhunt began as Cunanan already had been on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list for the past month. He was a suspect in four prior murders, architect David Madson, 33; engineer Jeffrey Trail, 28; real estate millionai
- 25,000 attend New Orleans Pop Festival.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?