Monday 31 August 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Robinson and Debbie Gibson in Brooklyn.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Schwarzer Peter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1970 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- James Robinson: NBA guard (LA Clippers, Portland Trail Blazers).
- Debbie Gibson in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer ("Only in My Dreams").
- John Rex: American homicide; he used his computer bulletin board to lure and kidnap young boys for the purpose of sexual attack.
- Deborah Gibson: American singer.
- Rania of Jordan : Royalty.
- Debbie Gibson: American singer-songwriter producer and actress
- Nikola Gruevski: Macedonian economist and politician 6th Prime Minister of the Republic of Macedonia
- Kristina Cook: English horse rider
- Greg Mulholland: English politician
- Rania : Queen Rania of Jordan
- Amy Stein: American photographer and educator
- Arie van Lent: Dutch-German footballer and manager
- Zack Ward: Canadian actor and producer
- 59th Davis Cup: USA beats Germany in Cleveland (5-0)
- Lonnie McLucas, a Black Panther activist, convicted
- Peter Yarrow arrested for taking immoral liberties with girl, 14
- WKMJ TV channel 68 in Louisville, KY (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Bread - Make It With You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?