Sunday 31 August 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ryan Kelley and Riza Santos.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Higher Love by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rölli.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing JaJaMaru no Daibouken or Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting Marksman Shooting / Trap Shooting / Safari Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1986 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Ryan Kelley: TV Actor.
- Riza Santos: Canadian model and actress Miss Universe Canada 2013.
- Feng Tianwei: Singaporean table tennis player.
- Aeromexico Flight 498 collides with a Piper PA-28 over Cerritos, California, killing 67 in the air and 15 on the ground.
- Russian cargo ship crashes into cruise ship Admiral Nakhimov; 398 die
- AeromTxico Flight 498, a Douglas DC-9, collides with a Piper PA-28 over Cerritos, California, killing 67 on both aircraft and 15 on the ground.
- The Soviet passenger liner Admiral Nakhimov sinks in the Black Sea after colliding with the bulk carrier Pyotr Vasev, killing 423.
- The cargo ship Khian Sea departs from the docks of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, carrying 14,000 tons of toxic waste.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Bananarama - Venus
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?