Thursday 31 August 1995
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson.
In UK Never Forget by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
La Haine, directed by Mathieu Kassovitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while From Potter's Field by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1995!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1995 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
Famous Birthdays:31 August
- Beant Singh: Prime Minister of Punjab province of India, assassinated at 73.
- David Farrar: Actor (Beat Girl, I Accuse, Watusi), dies at 87.
- David Richard Holloway: Literary Editor, dies at 71.
- Hajime Miterai: Industrialist, dies at 56.
- Horst Janssen: Graphic Artist, dies at 65.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?