Saturday 31 August 2002
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK Colourblind by Darius was in the top 5 hits.
City of God, directed by Fernando Meirelles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Summer Pleasures by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Still Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure or Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 2002!
Which were the important events of 31 August 2002 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 August
- Recent celebrity deaths: Lionel Hampton, jazz vibraphone master, dies.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: A think tank affiliated with the Arab League ended its meeting in Cairo by calling Jews ampquotenemies of all nationsampquot, by claiming that Arabs, as Semites, cannot be anti-Semitic, and by claiming that the events of September 11, 2001 were concocted by the United States government. See
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?