Monday 31 August 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MacKenzie Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BattleForge or Lego Battles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 31 August 2009 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 August
- Erano Manalo: Filipino religious figure (Born 1925).
- Florida governor Charlie Crist signs a gambling pact with the Seminole tribe, lasting 20 years, specifying payment of minimum US$12.5 million per month for the first 30 months for the privilege of running legal slot machines and blackjack at their seven casinos.
- amp!--First item goes here. (remove this please)--amp
- Figures from 2008 reveal Ireland has experienced its highest number of births since 1896. (''The Irish Times'')
- Lesbians are granted equal birth rights in England and Wales. (''The Guardian'')
- Britain will face widespread power cuts and rationing of energy in 2019 for the first time since the 1970s, according to Her Majesty's Government. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Nigeria charges several banking executives with financial crimes discovered following the $2.6 billion bail-out of five banks. (BBC)
- American Airlines retires all of its Airbus A300 aircraft after flying for American Airlines for the past 21 years.
- Russian forces state that they have killed an Algerian Al Qaeda operative and another militant during a raid on a house in Khasavyurt, Dagestan. (BBC)
- Iraqi officials begin negotiations with Serbia over the return of 19 MiG-21 and MiG-23 fighter jets sent to Yugoslavia in the 1980's for repairs. (BBC)
- Armenia and Turkey agree to establish diplomatic relations. (''New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?