Friday 31 August 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 31 August 2012 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Gaius Caligula: Roman emperor from 37 AD to 41 AD.
- A shooting at a Pathmark grocery store in Old Bridge, New Jersey, kills at least three people. (BBC)
- British entertainer Max Bygraves, who had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease, dies in Hope Island, Queensland, Australia, at the age of 89. (BBC)
- The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office reports that Sage Stallone died of natural causes. (BBC)
- A 7.6-magnitude earthquake in the Philippine province of Eastern Samar kills at least one person. (CNN)
- Armenia suspends diplomatic relations with Hungary after Ramil Safarov's extradition to Azerbaijan. (BBC)
- Wang Xiaoning, a Chinese dissident who was detained in 2002 with information provided by Yahoo!, is released. (BBC)
- Apple loses a patent dispute against Samsung Electronics smartphones and tablets in Tokyo, Japan. (Bloomberg)
- Roman Abramovich, the owner of Chelsea FC, wins his legal action against fellow Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky. (''The Guardian'')
- Harvard University investigates a widespread cheating allegation on a take-home test in one of its undergraduate classes last spring. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Parliamentary elections take place in Angola. (Al Jazeera)
- Enrique Peña Nieto of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) is declared the winner of the Mexican presidential elections. (Fox News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?