Monday 31 December 1917, NewYear’s Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Angus and Helena Bliss.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1917 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Robert Angus: American film writer, producer and director.
- Helena Bliss: American actress and singer, she sang in operettas, operas and musicals.
- Suzy Delair: French singer and actress, director Henri-Georges Clouzot was her companion.
- Jose Gironella: Catalan and Spanish author best known for his fictional work The Cypresses Believe in God (Los cipreses creen en Dios), which was published in Spain in 1953 and translated into English by Harriet de Onís in 1955.
- Evelyn Knight: American singer (d. 2007).
- Wilfrid Noyce: English mountaineer and author (d. 1962)
- Dutch Social-democratic trade union NVV counts 159,450 members.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?