Wednesday 31 December 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1930 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Billie Turner: American agricultural engineer and CEO of IMC Fertilizer, the world's largest producer of phosphate rock and potash.
- Jaime Escalante: Bolivian-born American high school teacher at Garfield High School (Born 1930).
- Ala Odetta [Odetta Holmes]: Birmingham -- Folk singer / actress.
- Odetta [Holmes] in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; folk singer/actress (Sanctuary).
- Odetta : American singer known for vocal power and clarity with a rich intensity of style.
- Pontifical encyclical Casti connubii against mixed marriages
- US tobacco industry produced 123 billion cigarettes in 1930
- The Papal encyclical ''Casti Connubii'' issued by Pope Pius XI stresses the sanctity of marriage, prohibits Roman Catholics from using any form of artificial birth control, and reaffirms the Catholic prohibition on abortion.
- The British White Paper demands restrictions on Jewish immigration into Palestine.
- The Federal Bureau of Narcotics replaces the Narcotics Division of the Prohibition Unit.
- A Jake paralysis outbreak occurs in United States.
- Bernhard Schmidt invents the Schmidt camera.
- The chocolate chip cookie is invented in the United States by Ruth Wakefield.
- A huge hurricane on the Caribbean Sea demolishes most of the city of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.
- The experimental television station, W9XAP, in Chicago, Illinois, broadcasts the election for the U.S. Senate, which is the first time that a senatorial race, with continual tallies of the votes, is ever televised.
- 1930–1931 ndash Crazy Horse's lifelong friend, ampquotHe Dogampquot, is interviewed by the journalist Eleanor Hinman and the writer Mari Sandoz.
- Sudbury, Ontario, is incorporated as a city in the northern part of the province.
- The Indochinese Communist Party is formed some time in October.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?