Thursday 31 December 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1931 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Michel Bernard: French Field and Track champion, the winner of the 5,000 m. race at Rome, and the 1,500 m. race at Tokyo, 1964.
- Ray Graves: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Bob Shaw: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Orbitsville, Ragged Astronauts, Vertigo).
- Jean Fournet-Fayard: French pharmacist and administrative manager of St. Lipha, involved in the Furiani-Bastia case.
- Rafe Mair: Canadian lawyer, political commentator and former radio personality.
- Daniel Matthews: American military, U.S. Marine Corps hero, medal of honor.
- Serge Toreilles: France sport Champion
- The Huang He floods kill between 850,000 and 4,000,000 people (the deadliest historic natural disaster).
- Ust-Abakanskoye becomes Abakan.
- The National Committee for Modification of the Volstead Act is formed to work for the repeal of prohibition in the United States.
- ''The Persistence of Memory'' is put on display for the first time in Paris at the Galerie Pierre Colle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Home - Peter Van Steeden & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?