Thursday 31 December 1936, NewYear’s Eve
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Grant and Clarence Major.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1936 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Jerry Grant: American musician, a composer and arranger for film and TV scores.
- Clarence Major: American poet, painter and novelist.
- Noel Tyl: American professional astrologer, author, international lecturer, publisher and editor who has authored 23 books and edited 10 others.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?