Friday 31 December 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1937 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Avram Hershko: Hungarian-born Israeli biochemist who shared the 2004 Nobel Prize for Chemistry with Aaron J. Ciechanover and Irwin Rose for their joint discovery of the mechanism by which the cells of most living organisms remove unwanted proteins.
- Barry Hughes: Welsh footballer and manager.
- Tess Jaray: Austrian-English painter and educator.
- Alvis Wayne: American singer (d. 2013).
- Anthony Hopkins: Welch actor who is an outstanding international player in both films and TV.
- Gérard Gazzano: French naval officer, an admiral.
- Nicolas Born: Writer
- Sir Anthony Hopkins: Welsh actor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Thanks for the Memory - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- There's a Gold Mine in the Sky - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Sweet Someone - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- In the Still of the Night - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?