Friday 31 December 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1943 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Maryann Keller: American writer, the best-known auto analyst in the United States.
- John Denver: American folk singer, recording artist, club performer and actor.
- Mavis Maclean: English scholar and academic.
- Pete Quaife: English bass player (The Kinks) (d. 2010).
- Pete Qualfe: Rocker.
- John Denver [Henry John Deutschendorf Jr] in Roswell: New Mexico, USA; singer/songwriter ("Rocky Mountain High", "Thank God I'm a Country Boy"), actor (Oh God!) (dies 1997).
- Ben Kingsley: English actor. In a career spanning over 40 years, he has won an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA, two Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild awards. He is known for his starring role as Mohandas Gandhi in the 1982 film Gandhi, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor. He is also known for his performances in the films Schindler's List (1993), Sexy Beast (2000), Lucky Number Slevin (2006), Shutter Island (2010), Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010), Hugo (2011), and Iron Man 3 (2013). Kingsley
- Sir Ben Kingsley: English actor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?