Tuesday 31 December 1946, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Carrera and Patti Smith in Chicago.
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1946 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Barbara Carrera: Managua, Nicaragua -- Actress (Angelica-Dallas).
- Patti Smith in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer (Radio Ethiopia).
- Diane Fürstenberg: Belgian-American entrepreneur and fashion designer.
- Diane von Furstenberg: Fashion Designer.
- Roy Greenslade: English journalist and academic.
- Pius Ncube: Zimbabwean human rights advocate
- Lyudmila Pakhomova: Russian ice dancer (d. 1986)
- Eric Robson: Scottish journalist and author
- Nigel Rudd: English businessman founded Williams Holdings
- Tim Stevens: English bishop
- Diane von Fürstenberg: Belgian-American fashion designer
- Frits [Frederik H] Tartaud: Dutch actor, dies at age 89.
- French troops leave Lebanon.
- President Harry Truman officially proclaims the end of hostilities in World War II.
- The 20nbspmm M61 Vulcan Gatling gun contract is released.
- Female suffrage is enacted in Belgium, Romania, Yugoslavia, Argentina and the Canadian province of Quebec.
- The first female police officers are hired in Korea and Japan.
- The Chinese Civil War intensifies between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party of China.
- The first ''Tupperware'' is sold in department and hardware stores.
- The British government takes emergency powers to deal with the balance-of-payments crisis.
- Eva Perón tours Spain, Italy and France on behalf of Argentina, a circuit called the Rainbow Tour.
- The NFL team San Francisco 49ers is formed.
- The Casio Company is founded by engineer Tadao Kashio.
- Binghamton University is founded.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 December 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?