Tuesday 31 December 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1946 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Diane von Furstenberg: Fashion Designer.
- Roy Greenslade: English journalist and academic.
- Pius Ncube: Zimbabwean human rights advocate.
- Lyudmila Pakhomova: Russian ice dancer (d. 1986).
- Eric Robson: Scottish journalist and author.
- Nigel Rudd: English businessman founded Williams Holdings
- Tim Stevens: English bishop
- Diane von Fürstenberg: Belgian-American fashion designer
- Diane Fürstenberg: Belgian-American entrepreneur and fashion designer. After moving to New York, her first design show was in April 1970. Two years later, with a loan of $30,000, she opened her own showroom and went on to a sweeping success within months. Wholesale by 1976 estimated at $20 million, in less than five years, she had built a fashion empire. In 1976 she landed on the cover of Newsweek magazine after selling more than five million of her signature wrap dresses.
- Barbara Carrera: Managua, Nicaragua -- Actress (Angelica-Dallas)
- Patti Smith in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer (Radio Ethiopia).
- Frits [Frederik H] Tartaud: Dutch actor, dies at age 89.
- French troops leave Lebanon.
- President Harry Truman officially proclaims the end of hostilities in World War II.
- The 20nbspmm M61 Vulcan Gatling gun contract is released.
- Female suffrage is enacted in Belgium, Romania, Yugoslavia, Argentina and the Canadian province of Quebec.
- The first female police officers are hired in Korea and Japan.
- The Chinese Civil War intensifies between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party of China.
- The first ''Tupperware'' is sold in department and hardware stores.
- The British government takes emergency powers to deal with the balance-of-payments crisis.
- Eva Perón tours Spain, Italy and France on behalf of Argentina, a circuit called the Rainbow Tour.
- The NFL team San Francisco 49ers is formed.
- The Casio Company is founded by engineer Tadao Kashio.
- Binghamton University is founded.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?