Sunday 31 December 1950, NewYear’s Eve
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Bryan Gilder in Corvallis and Phil Blakeway.
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Ryder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1950 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Robert Bryan Gilder in Corvallis: Oregon, USA; PGA golfer (1980 Canadian Open).
- Phil Blakeway: Welsh-English rugby player.
- Inge Helten: in the German Federal Republic; sprinter (Olympics-bronze-1976).
- Cheryl Womack: American businesswoman and philanthropist.
- Jockeys W Shoemaker and Joe Culmone set record of 388 wins in a year
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas In Killarney - Dennis Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?