Monday 31 December 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1951 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Tom Hamilton: Bassist.
- Tom Hamilton in Colorado Springs: Colorado, USA; rock bassist (Aerosmith - "Dream On").
- Fermin Goytisolo: rocker (KC and Sunshine Band - "Give It").
- Terry Rhoads: American actor (d. 2013).
- Ken Roberts: American motorcycle racer and racing team owner.
- Michael Allen Bantom: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Basketball player (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- 1st battery to convert radioactive energy to electrical announced
- The Marshall Plan expires after distributing more than $13.3 billion USD in foreign aid to rebuild Europe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Tango - Leroy Anderson & His Pops Concert Orchestra
- Paul Weston & His Orchestra - Charmaine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?