Monday 31 December 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1962 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Don Diamont in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Brad - The Young and the Restless).
- Tyrone Corbin NBA forward (Miami Heat: Atlanta Hawks).
- Tyrone Corbin: American basketball player and coach.
- Pierre Louette: French business leader, who was CEO of 'Agence France-Presse' from December 2005 to April 2010.
- Don Diamont: American actor.
- Chris Hallam: English-Welsh swimmer and wheelchair racer (d. 2013)
- Heather McCartney: American-English potter
- Match Game debuts on NBC with host Gene Rayburn
- Dutch leave New Guinea.
- Katanga becomes part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Ohio ends suit against Cincinnati Reds when they agree to stay in Cincinnati for ten years.
- American Basketball League announces suspension of operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- The Exciters - Tell Him
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?