Tuesday 31 December 1968, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
The Wrecking Crew, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1968 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Luciano Szafir: Brazilian representative of Fossil Watches and a minor actor.
- Gerry Dee: Canadian comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Junot Díaz: Dominican-American author and academic.
- 1st supersonic airliner flown (Russian TU-144)
- 1st test flight of Tupolev TU 144
- New York Jets win AFL championship
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?