Wednesday 31 December 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1969 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Lance Reddick: American actor.
- Are Kalv?: Norwegian writer and satirist.
- Heidi Van de Vijver: Belgian cyclist who entered the Atlanta Olympics, placing 20th in her event.
- Dominik Diamond: Scottish presenter and newspaper columnist.
- Are Kalvø: Norwegian author and radio host.
- The date you are commonly given when a computer's time is set to 0 in seconds. Start of the Unix Epoch.
- Common African, Malagasy and Mauritian Organization (OCAMM) (Organisation Commune Africaine Malgache et Mauricienne).
- The first Gap store opens, in San Francisco.
- Reported as being the year the first strain of the AIDS virus (HIV) migrates to the United States via Haiti.
- Summer sees the invention of Unix under the potential name ampquotUnicsampquot (after Multics).
- Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull publish their book ''The Peter Principle: why things always go wrong'' in New York.
- Women are allowed membership into the Future Farmers of America (now the National FFA Organization).
- Long John Silver's restaurant chain opens first store in Lexington, Kentucky.
- The Satanic Bible is written and published by Anton LaVey.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?