Sunday 31 December 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1978!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1978 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:31 December
- Magic Show closes at Cort Theater in New York City after 1859 performances.
- Runaways closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 199 performances
- CIA director, Admiral Stansfield Turner retires from the Navy
- Iran shah names Chapour Bakhtiar premier.
- US Central Intelligence Agency director, Admiral Stansfield Turner retires from the Navy.
- Taiwan's final day of diplomatic relations with the US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chic - Le Freak
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
- Toto - Hold The Line
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?