Wednesday 31 December 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez, directed by Jean Girault, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1980 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Matthew Capiccioni: American professional wrestler.
- Jesse Carlson: American baseball player.
- Matt Cross: American wrestler.
- Carsten Schlangen: German runner.
- Richie McCaw: Rugby Player.
- A Jewish owned hotel in Nairobi Kenya is bombed killing 18
- Senegal President Leopold Senghor resigns.
- New York Islanders' greatest shutout margin (9-0) versus Chicago Black Hawks.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 December 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?