Wednesday 31 December 1980, NewYear’s Eve
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Capiccioni and Richie McCaw.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez, directed by Jean Girault, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blanc, bleu, rouge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dogfight or Windfall.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1980 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Matthew Capiccioni: American professional wrestler.
- Richie McCaw: Rugby Player.
- Jesse Carlson: American baseball player.
- Matt Cross: American wrestler.
- Carsten Schlangen: German runner.
- A Jewish owned hotel in Nairobi Kenya is bombed killing 18
- Senegal President Leopold Senghor resigns.
- New York Islanders' greatest shutout margin (9-0) versus Chicago Black Hawks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?