Sunday 31 December 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 31 December 2006 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 December
- George Sisler: Jr.
- The U.S. soldier death toll in Iraq reaches 3,000.
- Austrian Minister of the Interior Liese Prokop dies of aortic dissection. (IHT)
- New Year's Eve 2006-2007:
- The world begins celebrations of the beginning of 2007, starting at 10:00 UTC when midnight strikes in the Line Islands, Kiribati. (AP)
- War in Somalia: The Battle of Jilib erupts between the forces of the Ethiopian-backed Transitional Federal Government and the Islamic Courts Union. (Reuters)
- Fox televizija was launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?