Friday 31 December 2010, NewYear’s Eve
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Veritasium.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dance Evolution or Black Rock Shooter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 31 December 2010 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 December
- A pre-dawn bomb explodes outside a closed night club in Athens there are no injuries. (Press Association via Google News)
- A bomb explodes in the Nigerian capital Abuja, killing four people. (''Times Live South Africa'')
- A protestor dies of his injuries in Tunisia as protests continue across the country over unemployment and poor living conditions. (Al Jazeera)
- Arts and cultural people Annie Lennox, Herbert Kretzmer, Sheila Hancock, David Suchet, Harriet Walter, Katharine Hamnett, Alice Temperley, Sandy Powell, John Lloyd, Steve McQueen and Trevor Horn are among those to receive a New Year Honour from the Queen of the United Kingdom. (BBC)
- Estonia, one of the Baltic republics of the former Soviet Union, adopts the euro as its official currency, becoming the 17th country to do so. (Reuters)
- Tornadoes touch down in midwestern and southern United States, including Washington County, Arkansas Greater St. Louis, Sunset Hills, Missouri, Illinois and Oklahoma, with a few tornadoes in the early hours of January 1, 2011. A total 36 tornadoes touched down, resulting in the deaths of 9 people.
- Three Tibetan writers, detained earlier this year by Chinese authorities, are sentenced to jail terms of three to four years for ampquotinciting activities to split the nation” (RFA)
- Ikililou Dhoinine is elected President of the Comoros, defeating rival Mohamed Said Fazul with 61% of the vote. (Reuters)
- After an official protest by German Foreign Minister, Guido Westerwelle, Iran allows access to two journalists arrested in mid-October for interviewing family members of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, sentenced to death by stoning for alleged adultery. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Officials in the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology warn of a crackdown on ampquotillegalampquot voice-over-Internet(VoIP) telephony services that are not licensed or approved by the country's telecoms regulator. (RFA)
- Italy bans plastic bags. (BBC)
- Sunni Muslim clerics organize strikes across Pakistan to protest against possible changes to the country’s blasphemy laws. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?