Saturday 31 January 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1920 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Stewart L Udall: Saint Johns, Arizona -- US Secretary of Interior (1961-69).
- Bert Williams: English footballer.
- Benoîte Groult: French journalist and writer.
- Robert Hersant: French entrepreneur, the founder of a powerful chain of regional newspapers.
- James Lee: American martial arts pioneer, teacher, author, and publisher.
- Stewart Udall: American politician and later, a federal government official. After serving three terms as a congressman from Arizona, he served as Secretary of the Interior from 1961 to 1969, under presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 1st Ukrainian daily newspaper in US (NYC) begins publication
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, at Howard University, incorporates.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?