Saturday 31 January 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stewart L Udall and Bert Williams.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1920 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Stewart L Udall: Saint Johns, Arizona -- US Secretary of Interior (1961-69).
- Bert Williams: English footballer.
- Benoîte Groult: French journalist and writer.
- Robert Hersant: French entrepreneur, the founder of a powerful chain of regional newspapers.
- James Lee: American martial arts pioneer, teacher, author, and publisher.
- Stewart Udall: American politician and later, a federal government official. After serving three terms as a congressman from Arizona, he served as Secretary of the Interior from 1961 to 1969, under presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 1st Ukrainian daily newspaper in US (NYC) begins publication
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, at Howard University, incorporates.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?